An iPad for every child in the school…
…and for just £9.50* a month!
The Learning Foundation is delighted to announce a very special iPad opportunity that we have put together with the help of XMA, Econocom and Compucover – all of which we regularly work with when helping schools to set up fully inclusive and sustainable 1:1 programmes, where every child has a device to use in class and at home.
We know how tough it is for schools to justify any expenditure but we are also aware that there are lots of schools that can see the opportunities that technology could offer them – if only they could afford it! We believe that combining this offer with the expert advice and experience that we can provide, will make it possible for every school to take a leap in to the future…
So what’s the offer?
The programme is designed to run over 3 years with a package that includes the following:
◾ A fully expensed iPad WiFi 32GB – Space Grey (Model: MP2F2B/A)
◾ An STM Dux case (black)
◾ 3 year Collect & Return warranty plus 3 year no excess ADT insurance
◾ Device enrollment programme
◾ Apple Professional Learning training from XMA Learning Consultants **
◾ Consultancy and advice around deployment **
◾ Use of Apple School Manager, Apple Classroom etc **
Why consider the iPad at all?
There are a wide variety of platform & manufacturer choices to consider but the iPad remains a dominant device of choice for many schools and for some solid reasons:
- They are easy to set up and manage
- They are easy and simple to use
- They are secure – no anti-virus software needed!
- ‘instant on’
- They have excellent battery life
- There have a huge number of educational Apps available, many automatically come pre-installed and many more are free to download!
This is just a small sample of what comes pre-installed....
Apple School Manager
Apple now offer an online management service for your iPad deployment. Known as Apple School Manager, it’s a free service that hooks into your mobile device management (MDM) solution to provide exciting new functions, and replaces two Apple solutions you may already be using: Volume Purchase Programme (VPP) and Device Enrolment Programme (DEP).
A hugely impactful tool that helps to break down barriers in the classroom and efficiently deliver personalised learning. Acting as a teaching assistant, helping teachers guide students through lessons, track their progress and ensure they can stay on track. It can be downloaded for free and configured to give staff a wide variety of tools including; start, focus or pause student work, launch any app, website or book on a student device with a tap, lock devices in a single app to help provide student focus and l the ability to lock screens to pause work or bring focus back to your class.
This is a dedicated section of Apple's iTunes Music Store that features educational audio and video files from universities, museums and public media organizations for free download to PCs and mobile devices.
Why this particular iPad model?
There are a wide variety of iPads available with a matching variety of prices but we think the MP2F2B/A, 32GB version deserves serious consideration, particularly in view of the offer from our partners!
- It has a good sized memory to allow storage of Apps and project work
- It has all the standard iPad features
- It offers a 9.7” Retina display for excellent legibility
- It comes at a price point that is more realistic for schools whilst not compromising on functionality
The STB Dux case
The STM Dux case safeguards your iPad with a convenient magnetic closure and strong, reinforced corners to protect from unwitting drops. Designed with guidance from educators and IT professionals, it can withstand the rigors of a classroom or workplace. The clear polycarbonate back panel lets you slip in a picture for a custom look or provides easy asset tagging for schools and businesses.
- Super-protective polycarbonate and rubberized TPU bracket
- Clear back to customize your iPad with personal images, scan a tagging barcode, or allow your pristine iPad to shine through
- Durable and water-resistant polyurethane cover to ward off occasional drips or spills
- Patent-pending magnetic closure for an easy fold into a comfortable typing or viewing position
- Instant on/off cover wakes and turns off iPad to save battery life
- Passes U.S. Military Standard drop test from a height of four feet.
We are strong believers in establishing parental donations to support your 1:1 programme (and yes they do contribute, and yes it is sustainable). With the help and support of our partner companies we are able to offer this complete package at the incredible price of just £9.50 a month.
With this offer, we will provide our highly regarded advice & guidance to help you plan, launch and maintain a successful and sustainable programme that will help ensure all of your children have the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
* This is a guide price based on 36 monthly parental donations. Other financial variations are possible, please ask for more information.
** Free half day per 25 devices/full day per 50 devices, from the Apple Professional Learning Offerings catalogue, subject to delivery within 6 months from invoice. Advice will take place in form of discussion over phone or webinar.